Connecticut Audubon Society is seeking talented, enthusiastic and energetic individuals for our Seasonal Teacher‐Naturalist positions.
Teacher‐Naturalists at the Connecticut Audubon Society’s Center at Fairfield are responsible for teaching outdoor and classroom natural science programs to a variety of audiences from early learners to adults.
This Position Provides:
• Experience in teaching natural science programs to K‐12 schoolchildren, family, adult, scout and community groups
• Opportunity to hone skills in environmental education techniques and integrating school science curriculum into informal settings
• Expanded knowledge of our local flora and fauna
• Expertise in effective communicating with diverse audiences
Please Apply If You…
• Are a junior, senior or a BA/BS in natural sciences, environmental science, environmental education, biology or related field
• Have a minimum of 1 year teaching experience with proven skills teaching in formal and/or informal settings
• Possess prior outdoor science education experience working with children
• Have excellent interpersonal skills for working with teachers, administrators, children, staff and professional colleagues
If you are interested and would like more information, or if you would like to apply, please email Michelle Eckman, Director of Education, at email@example.com. Applicants should send a cover letter and résumé.