Chief Financial Officer – full time
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Fairfield, CT
The Chief Financial Officer is a full time, senior management position responsible for managing the finances of medium sized statewide nonprofit. The Chief Financial Officer functions as a member of the leadership team, involved in the development of organizational strategies. This includes monthly budget vs actual reporting, annual budget preparation, annual financial statement audit, Federal and State tax/regulatory filings, payroll processing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, cash flow analysis. This position reports directly to the Executive Director. The Chief Financial Officer shares our organization’s value in and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our boards, staff, and program participants.
- Directs all aspects of accounting and finance, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, laws and regulations and sound practices.
- Oversees cash, investments, endowment and asset management.
- Promotes financial well-being of the organization through budget management and protection of financial assets.
- Ensures timely financial reports to assist the Executive Director, Senior Staff and Board of Directors in performing their responsibilities.
- Analysis of financial performance, lead on financial planning/budgets for the organization.
- Lead on annual financial statement audit and 990 tax return with outside auditors, Finance Committee (of the Board of Directors).
- Create, implement and maintain fiscal policies and internal controls.
- Work with development team to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting of donations, grants and other revenue sources.
- Supervise part time Junior Accountant (accounts payable, fixed assets, etc.)
- Onboard new employees, process payroll, maintain Human Resource policies/handbook.
- BA/BS Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Strong background and knowledge of accounting, finance, human resources, insurance.
- 5-7 years non-profit based accounting, budgeting, financial management
- Experience with non-profit Single Audit/Federal Grant compliance
- Outstanding organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Strong computer aptitude, experience and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Financial Edge a plus
Salary Range: $90 – 110,000/year plus benefits
To apply, please send a cover letter, (4) References and resume to Patrick Comins, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Connecticut Audubon Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer