Birdathon Photo Contest
Everyone who participates in the Migration Madness Birdathon is eligible for the Photo Contest. So register for the Birdathon and enter your best photos.
Prizes for best photo taken by an adult (a 1993 First Connecticut Duck Stamp) and best photo taken by a young birder ($25 REI gift card. Connecticut Audubon hat).
How to participate
The Photo Contest is open to all participants in the Birdathon, scheduled for May 20 and 21.
Take photos while you’re birding that weekend, and then submit your best 3 photos by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 22. Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photographs that have been digitally or otherwise altered beyond standard optimization (e.g., removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast) will be disqualified. Normal processing of RAW image files or minor adjustments to color and contrast are acceptable.
- All elements must be from 1 original photo
- Original image must be available if requested
- Photos must be submitted without the photographer’s name on the image itself
- Best Photo participants may submit up to three images.
Photos must be taken on May 20 or 21 in Connecticut and submitted by Tuesday, May 23, 5 p.m. to email@example.com
Connecticut Audubon will submit the photos with no identifying marks to this year’s judge, Heather Wolf, author and photographer of Birding at the Bridge: In Search of Every Bird on the Brooklyn Waterfront and the forthcoming Find More Birds: 111 Wyas to Spot Birds Wherever You Are.
Best photo taken by an adult
1993 First Connecticut Duck Stamp
Best photo taken by a young birder
$25 REI gift card. Connecticut Audubon hat.
Connecticut Audubon Society staff members and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes.
Click HERE to see the 2022 Birdathon Photo Contest winners, judged by photographer Jackson Hallberg.
Click HERE to see the 2021 Birdathon Photo Contest winners, judged by photographer Mary Grace Leone of West Haven.
Click HERE to see the 2020 Birdathon Photo Contest winners, judged by photographer-designer Julian Hough of New Haven.
2023 Migration Madness Birdathon Sponsors