Thank you for reporting osprey data to the Connecticut Audubon Society! This form is intended for use by Osprey Nation stewards. Before you begin filling out the data form, please follow these guidelines…
- Use this form only for nests recorded on the official Osprey Nation map. Please check the map if you are unsure. If this nest is NOT yet on the Osprey Nation map, please report the nest using this Report a New Nest Form
- If you have not signed up for a nest or you would like to steward additional nests, please review the map for nests without stewards, and then contact email@example.com before reporting on those nests.
- Identify the nest by the Township and number as indicated on the map. This is necessary to ensure that all data entries are uploaded to the correct nests. If this mode of identification is not followed, information for the nest might not be accepted.
- Upload data for a single date of observation at a nest.
- For each nest, please send updates no less than once (1) per month and no more than three (3) times per month. An update for one nest can included data from multiple observation dates.
- If this is your first observation on a nest, in the “Observer Notes” section, please indicate the structure that the nest has be built on (i.e. – platform, tree, utility pole, etc.)
- Information from this form will be sent to a CAS database. Please allow at least one week for data to be transferred to the public Osprey Nation Map.
*****Please submit final fledgling numbers for the 2017 season by August 20, 2017. After this date, the submitted data will not be entered into the database.*****