The Executive Committee and the Board of Directors are recommending changes to the By-Laws of Connecticut Audubon Society for clarification and efficiency purposes. To understand the changes, you should read the entire text of the By-Laws (click here). By way of summary, however, among the changes incorporated into the new By-Laws are the following:
• Section III permits the election of one or more Vice Chairmen.
• Section III also provides that professional staff (except for the President) may not serve as Officers or members of the Board of Directors or Executive Committee.
• Section III-A provides that Officers may be removed by the Board with or without cause.
• Section IV-A provides that directors who have left the Board because of term limits may return to the Board after a one year hiatus. (Previously, the hiatus was three years.)
• Section VIII-I clarifies the role of the Human Resource Committee.
• Section X provides for indemnification of Officers and members of the Board of Directors to the maximum extent permitted by law.