Center at Fairfield Summer Camp 2022
Camps Are Filling Quickly – Register Today!
Click here to register for Summer Camp 2022 at the Center at Fairfield Summer camp will run weekly from Monday, June 13 through Friday, August 19.
Summer camp will run weekly from Monday, June 13 through Friday, August 19.
- Preschool camps (for ages 4-5 who have not completed kindergarten) foster a nurturing and supportive environment, helping each child to be successful within the group. The varied experiences teach ways to take care of nature, creating a sense of wonder and connection to the natural world.
- Camps for ages 5-13 give older children a chance to explore and thrive in the natural environment through an excellent balance of fun and engaging activities, from hands-on science experiments to uncovering the mysteries of flying creatures.
2022 Summer Camp Forms
After submission of online registration, please complete and return the forms below.
- Parent Letter
- Health Form (Pre-K)
- Health Form (Ages 5 and up)
- Medicine Authorization Form (only needed if medicine is being provided)
- Individual Plan of Care for Child (only needed if medicine is being provided)
Fairfield Summer Camp FAQs
What is unique about the Connecticut Audubon Society summer camp experience?
Connecticut Audubon’s summer day camp at the Center at Fairfield offers an inviting recipe for both fun and learning. Campers have many opportunities to explore and thrive in the natural environment. Key ingredients include interactive hands-on learning, up-close animal/wildlife encounters, chances to develop outdoor savvy, and knowledge and conservation skills to care for natural resources at home and school.
Age-specific themes are planned each week. It’s an excellent balance of fun and discovery through activities that take advantage of the natural features and habitats right at each center’s doorstep.
Do I have to be a member of the Connecticut Audubon Society?
You have to be a member for your child to attend camp. You must have a Chickadee ($58 family) or higher-level membership to register. If you’re not a qualifying member, you may renew or join at the time of registration or online by clicking here.
What is the background of summer camp staff?
Our summer camp is staffed by experienced teacher-naturalists from our centers, and college-educated men and women who have subject-area knowledge and experience working with children. Low staff-to-camper ratios ensure all campers have a safe, fun and educational camp experience. Summer camp staff is first-aid, CPR and EpiPen trained.
When does registration begin?
Registration for summer camp begins on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. All information will be posted on our website and emails will be sent to our email lists. Registration will be online.
What is your mask policy?
Based on OEC and CDC Guidelines the following changes have been made to Summer Camp mask policy:
- Campers and staff must use face coverings when indoors.
- Campers may remove their face coverings during snack, lunch and/or water breaks as long as they remain physically distanced whether indoors or outdoors.
- Campers may remove their face coverings when participating in outdoor activities where they can remain physically distanced from one another.
We will continue to monitor OEC and CDC guidelines and adjust as needed. If the mask mandate is reissued, we will follow the appropriate guidelines.
What if our family plans change for the summer? Are there refunds if we need to cancel or change the number of sessions attending?
We recommend purchasing Registration Protection when you register your child(ren). You can purchase this protection at checkout and if you need to cancel, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend your event due to a specified reason, such as:
- Injury or illness
- Vehicle breakdown or theft
- Adverse weather resulting in travel warnings
- Work relocation
- And more
If you do not purchase Registration Protection, please note the following: All requests must be made by email. Requests for changes must be received at least two weeks prior to the program session for which the change is being requested. For cancellation requests before June 1, you will receive a refund minus a 20% fee per program cancelled. Membership fees will not be refunded. After June 1, there are no summer program refunds. If we cancel a program, you will receive a full refund.
For Covid-19 refunds:
In the event of a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the program, depending on the number of people affected, closure of a particular room in the program or the entire program might need to be considered.
If summer camp is shut down by Connecticut Audubon or a local, state or federal government agency, you may choose from the following options:
- Receive a refund for any unused portion
- Donate the funds already paid
- Receive a credit towards another week of camp during the summer of 2022 if we have space in future weeks
Please note: Refunds are not given for normal sick days.
Can my child and friends be in the same camp group?
We make every effort to accommodate requests for friends and siblings to be placed in the same class, but cannot guarantee such placement. Requests can be made on the registration form or sent in writing and received at least two weeks prior to the week attending.
For immediate questions, please click here to contact our program director.