Family & Children Programs
Your kids will love our Summer Camps! Register today.
Connecticut Audubon Society’s Centers provide extensive programming for families and children. Our main offerings include:
- Summer Camp: We offer a variety of week-long, nature-related, age-appropriate camp programs for children, covering animals, ecosystems, nature exploration, games, crafts, and all sorts of activities.
- Vacation Camp and Programs: We provide nature-related, age-appropriate camps and programs for children during school vacation weeks.
- Pre-School Nature Programs: We provide nature-related programs for preschoolers (accompanied by actively participating adults). Some of our programs are literature-based. If weather permits, our programs may involve outdoor activities, such as walks in the woods.
- After School and Weekend Programs: We provide nature-related programs for children after school and on weekends. The programs may involve indoor learning and outdoor activities.
- Programs for Scouts: We work with Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Brownies to develop and provide programs covering the requirements for nature-related badges and projects. We also welcome Eagle Scouts who want to work with us on special projects.
- Live Animals and Animal Care Programs: Some of our Centers have live animal exhibits. We welcome volunteers – older children and adults – who want to learn about and provide care for our animals.
- Birthday Parties: We provide nature-related and age-appropriate activities for your child and guests. We offer either standard programs, such as Animals in the Center or Walk in the Woods, or customized programs to match your child’s interests.
The specific programs offered at each Center vary, so click on the following links to find out what’s available near you: