Connecticut Audubon Society’s Centers provide a range of programs and activities for adults. Our main offerings include:
- Citizen Science Projects: We welcome volunteers to work with us on Citizen Science Projects, including wildlife monitoring, bioassessment, and surveys.
- Bird Walks: We provide regular bird walks in our Centers and sanctuaries, as well as special birding opportunities, such as Owl Walks.
- EcoTravel: Our EcoTravel Program provides both domestic and international and trips to areas of natural and cultural significance.
- Classes, Lectures, and Workshops: We provide educational programs for adults on birds, nature, and environmental topics. Our workshops cover crafts, photography, and other interests.
- Exhibits and Shows: Our two Museums and five Centers put on exhibits and shows. We feature nature artists, craftspeople, animals, local nature-related dioramas and programs, and special activities.
- Special Annual Events: Every year, we put on special events, including our golf tournament (‘Let the Birdies Fly’), bird seed sales, and events at Centers (Summer Solstice Celebration, Adirondack Night, Enchanted Forest, and more).
- Social Gatherings: Our Centers host social gathering throughout the year, from holiday celebrations to fundraising galas.
- Volunteer Opportunities: We welcome volunteers, who want to support our work in a variety of ways. Opportunities range from office work to animal care to bird banding to helping with field trips and programs.
The specific programs and opportunities offered at each Center vary, so click on the following links to find out what’s available near you:
Birdcraft Museum in Fairfield
Center at Fairfield
Center at Glastonbury
Coastal Center at Milford Point
Center at Pomfret